Internal Job Title: Lead Worker
Job Grade: E3-E4
A lead worker assists a supervisor in all the duties that involve the coordination of worker activities. A lead worker will also assume full duties of a supervisor\foreman or a skilled worker in their absence.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
A lead worker will work together with a supervisor\foreman and perform all duties of one. The duties will consist of the following but not limited to:
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences, to meet production goals.
- Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Confers with management or subordinates to address worker problems, complaints, or grievances. Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, or production schedules to determine production requirements.
- Requisitions materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- As required interprets specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Assists workers when needed. Monitors as required gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Monitors or patrols work area and enforces safety or sanitation regulations.
Environmental Supplemental Description:EN01
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Some important skills and knowledge required for this job includes coordination, production inspection, critical thinking, information gathering, communication, judgment and decision making, problem identification, social perceptiveness, analytical skills, service orientation. Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques. Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods. The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Previously worked as a lead worker or any such supervisory position. Must complete any testing, training or certification for the department the employee will lead.